Dear Valued Patient:
We hope this letter finds you and your family safe and healthy. Our global and local communities have been through a life-changing period and we are all hoping to return to some sense of normalcy soon. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your health and safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, as you have experienced during your previous visits to our office. This commitment to ensuring a safe, yet comfortable environment has been paramount to quality orthodontic care. Our office has always utilized the highest level of sterilization, as per the recommendations by the Department of Public Health and the Royal College of Dentists of Ontario. However, out of an extraordinary abundance of caution, in addition to our normal disinfection and sterilization protocols, we are utilizing additional measures to help protect our patients and staff.
Examples of these measures include the following:
- Our office will communicate with you before your next appointment to explain changes in our patient sign-in process and clinical procedures. We will also be reviewing a screening questionnaire with you. The same screening measures are performed on every member of our team to ensure your safety.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients and, as such, you may be offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment as we will be running at a reduced scheduling capacity.
- Please brush before arriving. Please arrive wearing a mask.
- When you arrive for your appointment, you will be asked those same screening questions again by our greeter in the parking lot. Temperatures will be taken on all patients who enter the office.
- We will ask you to use hand sanitizer when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places throughout the office for you to use as needed.
- Our waiting room will no longer have magazines or children’s books and will have a reduced seating capacity.
- We will be restricting the number of people coming to an appointment with the patient. Parents are encouraged to remain in their cars. If a parent needs to come into the office for specific procedures, we ask only one parent to accompany the patient and not to bring any siblings or friends.
- Only the patient is allowed into the clinic area.
We sincerely appreciate all your understanding and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
We look forward to seeing each and every one of our patients and making everyone SMILE AGAIN!
Dr. Kershman and Staff