1) Cleaner teethWith Invisalign, your teeth are much easier to clean! With braces, there are brackets and wires to clean around. This can mean decalcification or white spots on your teeth at the end of treatment in the areas surrounding the brackets. With Invisalign, your teeth can be better cleaned, with no trace left behind when your treatment is done!
2) ComfortBraces have wires that can cut into your gums and cause pain and discomfort. Not with Invisalign! Their design is streamlined and molded for your teeth, so there’s nothing to jab at you.
3) No need to panicNo emergency appointments are needed with Invisalign. When the brackets on traditional braces come loose, patients often have a perception that this is an emergency that requires immediate attention. They call the office in a panic to make an appointment as quickly as possible to replace the bracket that is broken, and sometimes causing pain. With aligners like Invisalign, you can relax if you lose a set. Just move on to the next set in the sequence.
4) Your check-ups are a breezeVisits to the orthodontist are significantly more comfortable with Invisalign. With brackets and wires of regular braces, appointments can be quite uncomfortable, especially when wires are being changed to a thicker dimension. With Invisalign appointments, 95% of the time the patient experiences discomfort for only the first couple of days after the change of aligners. That’s it!
5) You’re in and out of the office in a flashWith Invisalign, your visits to the orthodontist are a LOT shorter. In fact, it takes longer to say ‘Hello’ than it does to check your teeth. Dr Kershman has spent a great deal of time crafting your treatment so you don’t have to spend a lot of time in the chair. When patients are wearing their aligners faithfully, teeth move over time into the plastic shells. Most of what’s happening at your scheduled appointments, approximately 2 to 4 months apart, is monitoring the fit of the aligners. That’s why appointments for Invisalign are so much shorter and pleasant. There is no fussing with wires and brackets or tightening of the braces in your mouth. Ouch!
6) Less elasticsThe majority of Invisalign patients only need to wear their elastics at night! With traditional braces, patients need to wear the elastics at least 22 hours a day to be effective. With aligners like Invisalign, the tooth movement is programmed right into the plastic so wearing the elastics is only used to assist with the tooth movement instead of powering it entirely.
7) Your perfect smile in less timeOrthodontic treatment time with aligners can be reliably shortened with use of an accelerator device like the VPro, available with all of Dr Kershman’s treatment plans. Instead of changing aligners every 10 days or so, you can change your liners every 5 to 7 days, and sometimes even less depending on the stage of treatment. That means your treatment times can be reduced by up to half!
8) Save moneyAt Dr Kershman’s office, Invisalign treatment is less expensive than traditional braces. Why are braces more expensive you ask? The answer is simple! No emergencies, no broken brackets, no poking wires, it’s an easier experience for the patient overall, with less maintenance! There’s never a need to re-glue brackets at the end of the day and no appointments required to clip a poking wire.
9) With Invisalign, you’re not tied downThese days, people are more mobile than ever. With Invisalign, you can take a long holiday and your treatment will still be on track. We treat a number of patients who take extended vacations or long working trips. Doing so is no problem with Invisalign. We can even connect digitally using FaceTime or Skype and monitor treatment from anywhere in the world if needed!
10) Your progress can be monitored remotely!With a new service called Dental Monitoring, we can assess the progress you’re making with your aligners by doing a scan with your cell phone! That means you don’t need to be given specific appointment times and you can be advised by text or email when you should proceed to the next set of aligners.
SPECIAL OFFER Invisalign + VPro5, an unbeatable combination!
Put your best smile forward with Dr. John Kershman! Book your consultation today with Ottawa’s first and only Diamond Invisalign Provider. SPECIAL OFFER UNTIL THE END OF MAY -> Sign up for Invisalign on your first visit and get a FREE VPro5 accelerator from Propel Orthodontics. That’s a savings of $400! Using the VPro5 for only 10 minutes a day can reduce your treatment time by 1/3 to 1/2! Invisalign plus Propel, an unbeatable combination! Book now online or call 613-738-1108.
Treatment from your Orthodontist can truly transform smiles and people’s lives. Dr Kershman and our staff treat mild to severe case on a daily basis.
These are some examples of orthodontic problems we can correct:
In this patient’s case, the “eye” teeth are up higher than normal and the upper jaw has crowding.
This patient’s upper jaw has spacing and front teeth overlap severely.
This patient’s front teeth do not touch normally, forming an openbite.
In this case, there is a spacing problem in the upper jaw.
The patient’s upper front teeth extend out over the lower front teeth, forming an overbite.
In this case, the upper teeth are inside the lower teeth, which is also known as an underbite.
For most situations, common sense will tell you what to avoid while you have braces. Hard foods, sticky foods and foods high in sugar must be avoided. Hard foods can break or damage wires and brackets. Sticky foods can get caught between brackets and wires. Minimize sugary foods; they cause tooth decay and related problems. Nail biting, pencil and pen chewing and chewing on foreign objects should be avoided.
Examples of Sticky Foods to Avoid:
- Gum (sugar-free or regular)
- Sugar Daddies
- Tootsie Rolls
Examples of Hard Foods to Avoid:
- Hard taco shells
- French bread crust/rolls
- Corn on the cob
- Apples and carrots (unless cut into small pieces)
- Jolly Ranchers
- Pizza crust
- Uncooked carrots (unless cut)
Minimize Sugary Foods like:
- Ice Cream
Only Once a Day:
- Sweetened tea
- Drinks with sugar
It’s important to regularly check your braces for bent or loose wires and brackets. In the event of a loose/broken wire or bracket, call our office immediately to arrange an appointment for repair.
My teeth are great! Thanks for all the work you did for me! I keep smiling all the time…